The trend of protein powders and supplements is on the rise. These protein powders are found in many variants such as dairy-based protein powders like whey and casein or you can find vegetarian protein supplements in the form of soy or even hemp.
However, for those people who want to replace dairy-based or vegetarian protein supplements with something that is moderate in digestion and improves muscle protein synthesis then egg white protein powder is believed to be the best choice among all.
How much protein in one egg white?
A raw egg contains 13g of protein whereas only its egg white includes 11g of proteins. This clarifies that entire amount of protein present in an egg mainly constitute of its egg white.
People who are striving for a perfect body (both men and women) should consume more protein because it can help them to boost muscle growth and enhance muscle protein. Egg white protein powder is the best remedy for those who are striving to consume the exact amount of protein on a daily basis.
The sum of protein in egg white protein powder contains 4x the amount of protein in one egg. It is stumpy in calories and contains the minimal amount of carbohydrates.
Does protein powder really work?
Egg white protein powder stimulates muscle growth due to the presence of high amount of an amino acid named Leucine which arouses protein synthesis in muscles. Roughly 9% of leucine is responsible for muscle protein synthesis. An egg is the only food that contains 10%-20% more leucine than any other protein-containing diet.
Egg white protein powder can be a great substitute for those individuals who suffer from lactose intolerance. Raw eggs can cause severe allergic reactions in people suffering from lactose intolerance. It can provide the exact benefits of egg to such patients who are deprived of eating eggs due to the presence of lactose in eggs.
Egg White Protein Powder Benefits
- Consuming protein powder made up of egg whites is beneficial in reducing weight as it contains less amount of carbohydrates. Since the powder is made by using only egg whites so it also contains less amount of fats and cholesterol. For weight watchers, egg white protein powder is an absolute treat.
- It can also be used during pregnancy to combat any protein deficiency. (But only under the supervision of your health care provider.) The amount of proteins taken during pregnancy should be guarded; as an extra amount of protein in the body can lead to further ailment for the mother and the fetus as well.
- Eggs are lactose-free so people who are allergic to lactose can consume it’s protein powder safely.
It contains immense benefits however, the product could be potentially dangerous due to the following reasons:
- A diet high in protein and low in fat rapidly depletes vitamin A stores. Vitamin A prevents birth defects such as cleft palate, cleft lip, major heart malformation and hydrocephalus. Vitamin A is also responsible in the symmetry of physical and facial features. So, if you are on a protein diet, be sure that everything is consumed in a balance.
- It can also cause autoimmune diseases, kidney disorders, thyroid disorders and heart arrhythmias.
Scrumptious Protein Powder Smoothies- Try it Now
There are hundreds of ways for consuming egg white protein powder. The most eminent way is to consume it as Protein shakes and smoothies.
It can be prepared by adding up numerous ingredients to enhance its taste. Only a few are given below, such as:
Banana and Almond Shake
- 1 banana
- 10 almonds
- ½ cup milk
- 1 scoop protein powder
- Handful ice
Strawberry and Banana shake
- ½ banana
- 3-4 strawberries
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 scoop protein powder
- 1 handful ice
If you are using egg white protein powder, then one thing that you should know about the product is its quality and ingredients used in the brand. Because at times the protein derived from eggs contains pathogens know as Salmonella. This occurs due to the toxicities present in the feed of chickens. Hence, it is necessary to keep a check on the quality of the brand you are using to prevent any complications that can lead to further health problems.
There are many protein powder manufacturers in the market. The product is available in the retail shops. You can also find the best protein powders online.
Read more interesting stuff here.